The Public Health Service of Zuid-Limburg vaccinates risk groups preventively against monkeypox in order to limit the outbreak of the disease.
The selection criteria to determine who qualifies for the vaccine were formulated by the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. The GGD will use its own database to send invitations to those known to them. This will ensure that those who run the greatest risk of infection will be contacted. These concern:
- Everyone registered with the Centre for Sexual Health, or registered with their family doctor as a PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) user, or on a waiting list for PrEP.
- Those living with HIV and registered as such, and those who run a greater chance of contracting monkeypox.
- People known to STD clinics running a high risk will receive an invitation to be vaccinated.
Everyone eligible for vaccination will automatically receive a personal invitation before August 19 from the GGD Zuid Limburg. It is currently not possible to put yourself forward for vaccination, either with your family doctor or the GGD.
One or two injections?
If you were born in the Netherlands before 1975 and received a smallpox vaccination in the past, then just one injection will be needed. If you were born after this date, you will need two injections.
- Monkeypox | RIVM
- Information about the vaccine | RIVM
- Monkeypox information line T 088-7674020 | available from Monday-Friday from 08.30 tot 17.00 hrs.